If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile, there are probably a couple things you’ve realized about me.
- I love wine, and
- I particularly love Ontario wine
I’m sure you’re not surprised by that.
I’ve written quite a lot about wine since this blog started. I’m certainly no expert, I just love wine and am particularly passionate about what we produce here in Niagara. Though I’m most familiar with Niagara wine, there are two other regions in Ontario that are known for producing excellent stuff too – Lake Erie North Shore and Pelee Island , and Prince Edward County. In addition to these three areas mentioned, there are also new regions emerging. Yes, the wine industry is booming in Ontario, and that’s something we all should celebrate.
And there’s one big celebration that will be going on in a couple of weeks.
Cuvée is a weekend long celebration of Ontario wine and will be held this year from March 24th to 26th in Niagara. This is a whole weekend dedicated to the amazing wines we make in Ontario, and the passionate, hardworking people who produce them. But not only are we celebrating what has already occurred in the wine industry, we’re celebrating the potential for the future too. Proceeds from the Cuvée wine weekend go to support grape and wine scholarships and research initiatives at Brock University’s Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute (CCOVI).
There are two separate ways you can join in the festivities.
First, there is the Grand Tasting, a formal dress gala which occurs on Friday March 24th. You can get gussied up in your finest, and sample spectacular wine and cuisine all night. I attended last year and had a fantastic time. The second way you can join in the fun is to participate in Cuvée en Route. This weekend long passport program allows you to wend your way from participating winery to winery, taking part in unique tastings. You can set your own pace, take your time, and sample the special wines that you are particularly interested in. Last year during the program, I sampled exceptional back vintages, vertical tastings, or flights of a particular vintage year. It was a great way to try some wines that I might not otherwise have had a chance to.
I hope you’ll want to join in the fun with me this year.
Is that a yes???
Well here we go, let’s get into the contest.
I have two Cuvée en Route tickets that will be given to one lucky person.
There are just a few things you have to do to be eligible.
- You’ve already done step 1, cause you’ve visited my blog for the contest details.
- You need to visit the Cuvée en Route web page. Click on the brochure link for a full list of participating wineries, and what special goodies they will be pouring for you.
- You then need to tell me in a blog comment, or comment on my Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, which winery you want to visit the most during the weekend. Make sure to include the hashtag #Cuvee2017. The more outlets you do this on, your chances of winning increase.
- The contest closes on Thursday, March 9th at midnight. Winner will be announced Friday March 10th at 12 noon. Winner will be selected randomly, and will be announced via social media.
- I will need some additional details from the winner once he/she is selected. Full name, email, address and phone number.
Tell all your friends! Enter via Rafflecopter below.
Good luck to everyone!